Today immigrant families that have members in deportation proceedings face several hardships
They don’t know how to locate their loved ones since there are no ICE detention centers in Charlotte (or in the state for that matter), the head of the household is the one typically detained and there is a family left behind.
These families need our help! They need immediate legal assistance, support covering their basic needs daily such as food and shelter and also, they need access to mental health. Most of them don’t know where to find this relieve and this is where the Family Defense Network can help.
What is FDN
It is a program that help families:
1. Locate their family member in a detention center.
2. Help families Navigate the Detention system.
3. Connect them to legal assistance in the state where they are located.
4. Help them with crisis assistance through the welcome center and economic development.
Our program does not cover bonds or legal fees.
Negotiations between lawyer and client is not a service we provide.
We are currently looking for :
1. Pro-Bono Lawyers or connection with other organizations with license in other states.
Help with referrals. Legal advice.
2. Supporting families in the detention center, this includes visiting the detention centers.
3. Donations to support the continuity of the program.