DUE TO COVID-19 OUR WORKSHOPS ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING. AT THE TIME WE ARE OFFERING VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE.
PLEASE CHECK WITH OUR LEGAL TEAM TO KNOW WHAT METHOD WORKS BEST FOR YOU!
Citizenship is a vital step in the process of immigrant integration into U.S. society. We use a workshop model with attorney and non-attorney volunteers to naturalize as many eligible residents as possible.
READY TO NATURALIZE?
Start by calling to schedule an intake with us.
(704) 531 3848 EXT 4
ALREADY A CITIZEN?
Make your voice be heard! Find information on where you can register to vote.
Our Citizenship Services
Designed to offer prospective naturalization applicants the following services and information:
- Eligibility Pre-screening
- Virtual in-depth information about the naturalization process and interview.
- Virtual / in person assistance in completing and documenting the application for Naturalization (form N-400).
- Legal review of applications by an attorney or a Department of Justice (DOJ) Accredited Representative
- Referral for more complex cases.
- Information regarding local Civics, History and English classes.
English for Citizenship Classes
This class is to prepare naturalization applicants for the citizenship test, and classes are available in the spring and fall each year. To participate you must have done the naturalization application with our program. Classes are free as long as participants meet household income requirement.
1. Complete the naturalization application with La Coalición
2. Register by calling (704) 531 3848 EXT 4
3. Bring copy of your Green Card, NC Driver’s Licence or NC State ID.
4. A recent utility bill as proof of current address.
5. Bring proof of income for the last 90 days.
Registration for SPRING 2021 will be announced in February 2021.
This class could be virtual and an electronic device with internet access will be required to participate.
Share your Citizenship Story with us
Our programs work with national partners and it is important for all to hear your testimonial. If you completed your process with us and would like to share your story to encourage future applicants to apply, please submit it in the button below. Pictures of your citizenship ceremony are encouraged.
Tips for a good story:
- Share your first name and when you became a new citizen.
- Tell us how easy was the process?
- Did we help you in your language?
- What did you like the most about working with us?
- Would you recommend our citizenship services to others?
WHO can get services ?
Individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who have been Lawful Permanent Residents for at least 5 years (or 3 years if married to a U.S. citizen), are able to read, write, speak, and understand basic English, have basic knowledge of U.S. history and government, and are of good moral character.
HOW DO I RECEIVE SERVICES ?
All participants are required to attend a virtual information session to prepare for the citizenship process.
Register by calling (888)-839-8682.