Citizenship is a vital step in the process of immigrant integration into U.S. society. We use a workshop model with attorney and non-attorney volunteers to naturalize as many eligible residents as possible.
We are one of three Charlotte, North Carolina partners in the New Americans Campaign, a consortium of national and regional founders, national organizational partners and local service providers working in eight cities throughout the United States to facilitate the citizenship application process for 3.3 million legal permanent residents.
Designed to offer prospective naturalization applicants the following services and information:
- Eligibility Pre-screening
- In-depth information about the naturalization process and interview
- Assistance in completing and documenting the Application for Naturalization (N-400 form)
- Legal review of applications by an attorney or a Department of Justice (DOJ) Accredited Representative
- Referral for more complex cases
- Information regarding local Civics, History and English classes
WHO can get services ?
Individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who have been Lawful Permanent Residents for at least 5 years (or 3 years if married to a U.S. citizen), are able to read, write, speak, and understand basic English, have basic knowledge of U.S. history and government, and are of good moral character. Find out more by calling: (888)-839-8682.
HOW DO I RECEIVE SERVICES ?
All participants are required to attend an information session to prepare for the workshop at our offices before they can attend the workshop. Registration is required for information sessions and the workshop: Fill out the online Registration Form or call (888)-839-8682 to register for an upcoming information session and workshop.