1 Proof of Venezuelan Nationality
• Passport, birth certificate with photo identification, OR national identity document
from Venezuela with your photo and/or fingerprint.
2 Date of Entry
• Passport entry stamp, I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, OR other documents that
prove your entry to the U.S. on or before March 8, 2021. www.legalaidnyc.org Page 2 of 2 Last updated March 9, 2021
3 Residence in U.S. from on or before March 8, 2021 to the present:
• Employment records (pay stubs, W-2 forms, IRS tax transcripts, state verification of
filing state taxes, letters from your employer, statements from banks with whom you
have done business).
• Rent receipts, utility bills (gas, electric, phone, etc.), receipts, or letters from
companies showing dates you received service.
• School records (report cards, letters, etc.) from schools you or your children attended
in the U.S., showing names of the schools and dates of attendance.
• Hospital or medical records for treatment you or your children received, showing
name of the medical facility or physician and the dates of treatment or
• Attestations by churches, unions or other organizations, concerning your residence
and identifying you by name.
• Other miscellaneous documents, such as birth certificates of your children born here,
dated bank transactions and wire transfers, letters, U.S. Social Security card, driver’s
license, Selective Service card, contracts, mortgages, insurance policies, etc.
4. You need two passport pictures that meet specifications.
If I am from Venezuela, is TPS guaranteed for me?
No. Even if you are from Venezuela, you would be ineligible for TPS if:
1. you have voluntarily returned to Venezuela or to a country in which you last habitually resided outside the U.S.;
2. you have not continuously resided in the U.S. since March 8, 2021;
3. you have been convicted of any felony or 2 or more misdemeanors committed in the United States.
a. If you have ever been arrested, cited or convicted of an offense, you should obtain a Certificate of Disposition for each matter, and you should speak to an immigration law expert before applying for TPS.
5. If you do not have the necessary income and consider that you can apply for payment forgiveness, you must bring your 2020 tax return to the appointment for a proper evaluation.
Which forms will I need to file?
To apply for TPS, you will need to file at least Form I-821. If you would like an employment
authorization document (work permit), you will need to also file Form I-765. If you would
like to request a fee waiver, you will need to file Form I-912 (or ask for a fee waiver in
writing). You might need to file Form I-601, if certain “inadmissibility grounds” apply in
Contact La Coalición
4938 Central Ave. Suite 101 Charlotte, NC 28205
A representative from our team will contact you regarding your inquiry.