Membership and ID Drive
The Membership Day is an event in which we focus on offering the opportunity to become a member of our organization, and thus continue educating, advocating and celebrating with our community. At the same time, we provide an alternative identification that could help our community obtain access to basic services where identification is required.
ABOUT COMMUNITY IDENTIFICATION
In our community there is a great need to have an alternative at the time of identification, since in order to have access to health resources or in financial institutions and other basic services; it is required.
Community identification is different from other types of identifications we have seen in public facilities, as it is supported by Faith Action NC. Although it is not a government ID, the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) is aware of the requirements we request for such identification; and will be during the event answering concerns you have about this or another issue with police officers who speak Spanish.
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN IDENTIFICATION
- Participate in one of the informative workshops about your rights.
- “Know Your Rights” The workshops will be that same day at these times:
- 9:00 AM / 10:30 AM
- Bring a proof of government identification.
- As: Passport, consular registration, foreign identification, driving license of the state so this expired.
- Proof of current address for the last 3 months. They can be: Receipt of utilities such as light, or water; lease agreement, bank account statements, medical files etc. . .
Membership value starts at $ 35.00 – ID Cost $10
You must take into account that it will be attended according to the order of arrival.
There are no appointments available so come prepared.