The Latin American Coalition is seeking an experienced and ideally bilingual Development and Coordinator for a grant funded six-month position. This part-time (20 hours), non-exempt position reports directly to the Development & Operations Director in our offices located in Charlotte, NC.
This position works closely with the Executive Director and Development & Operations Director to plan, develop, and implement all fundraising and strategic initiatives.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills. The ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize effectively is vital
- Experiences with Capital Campaigns
- Great communicator with excellent writing skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fund development and/or communications
- Strong computer skills including: proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Excel required
- A passion for the mission and vision of the Latin American Coalition
- Commitment to collaborative teamwork to achieve common goals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven record of setting goals and implementing plans
- Independent and cooperative in decision making and a proactive, strategic thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or four years of related work experience required
- Responsible for assisting with grants management activities (e.g. calendar, deadlines, responding to RFPs, reporting, compliance, and record keeping).
- Research new opportunities and collaborate with managers to determine mission alignment
- Lead grant writing draft effort and work in collaboration with ED and Department Directors
- Ensure that grant program managers provide timely and accurate reports to funders
- Assist with all Capital Campaign related activities
- Draft and edit donor correspondence
- Serve as an ambassador in the community at individual and public events
- Work along with Cultural Events Manager, Development & Operations Director, and Executive Director in sponsorship recruitment
- Research options and provide leads for Executive Director to cultivate relationships with corporate, nonprofit, foundation and community partners to generate new strategic opportunities and new funding streams
- Manage individual giving: cultivating, thanking donors, and managing donor database.
- Work closely with Executive Director and Development & Operations Director to provide support to the Board of Directors including preparation and follow up on board meetings, board recruitment and training support, board donation solicitation and committee support
- Paid time off (PTO) provided
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Application deadline is December 22, 2019
- Please send resume and a one-page cover letter, including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Coordinator and your name in the subject line.
- No phone calls or follow up emails. Only complete applications will be considered.
The Latin American Coalition does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Contact La Coalición
4938 Central Ave. Suite 101 Charlotte, NC 28205
A representative from our team will contact you regarding your inquiry.